Diagnosed with mytrovalve prolapse in childhood. Racy, fluttering heart, dizziness. Do I need valve replacement?

I was diagnoised when i was younger with mytrovalve prolapse . In the last 2-3 weeks, my heart feels like it is racing and fluttering. sometimes taking my breath and a little dizzy but not to bad. It feels like I have been shot up with caffeine. This has been a constant feeling for a couple of weeks. Do you think this could be serious? Does it sound like my valve could have to be replaced?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
May 2013

according to symptoms given by you there is possibility for worsening of prolapse. Palpitations,Chest pain,Weakness, easy fatigability,Dizziness, light headedness,Shortness of breath and dysautonomia symptoms like anxiety, migraine headaches etc are symptoms of worsening of mitral valve prolapse.

Though in 60% of cases of mitral valve prolapse are asymptomatic in stressful conditions the symptoms may develop.

There is chance that you have developed mitral regurgitation as you have developed shortness of breath and dizziness.

As you are feeling these symptoms since couple of weeks it is already delayed. Now you have to consult your cardiologist immediately and get treated.
It could be medical or surgical depending on your condition.
take care