Diagnosed with mild aortic sclerosis, no stenosis, hypertension. Why is this happening?

I am 71 years old and in good health, a few years ago was diagnosed with mild aortic sclerosis, a light thickening or the aortic valves, but no stenosis . I had no history of hypertension . A few months ago I think I suddenly began to develop hypertension, which is now 170/110 - 160/105, in that range. Also onset of a slight tremor which comes and goes. I am waking up in the middle of the night in a kind of hyper-alert state which I think may be related to the blood pressure . Could this be from the aortic sclerosis or from something else. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013