Diagnosed with meningitis. Had pneumonia, internal bleeding, herpes encephalitis. Died. Due to wrong treatment?

A 69 year old lady (my loving mom), she was very active and was doing all the works at home. She was healthy ecept taking medicine for bp and cholostrole (min. dose). Begining of August she had flue, 2 days had pain on head after that around on 17th, 18th started back pain , head ache, slight fever and on 20th had memory loss and same day got admitted in the hospital. Two days they did CT scan and said nothing much problem on report and 3rd day (23rd Aug.) took spinal fluid and found had meningities and 24th got pneumonia and was on ventilator, 4 days (till 27th ) on ventilator then almost 15 days with oxygen support, in between had internal body bleeding then her Total blood count was very high 21,000 then they give last medicine (they didnt give before as it will after her kidney they said) finally doctor said she had herpes encephalities and after 50 days treatment she passed away on 10th Oct. 2012. And they promised that they gave maximum medicine. After medication also she had high fever. Why? Was it possible to safe her life if she got proper medication and good doctor. She was treated with one Anesthasiologist plus MD (only 2 1/2 yrs experience) but he was a dedicated doctor. Now i feel guilty feeling as we should suppose to take her to one good hospital.. Please explain. Please please help me as I am too much worried about her. Awaiting your immediate reply.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012