Diagnosed with liver and bile duct cancer. Fatigue, back pain and cough. Survival chances?

my sister was diagnosed with liver/bile duct cancer in Feb. She is very very tired, no appetite, pain radiates around to her back and as of yesterday I noticed a persistent cough. She was diagnosed as terminal but is going to participate in a clinical trial next week. She feels so "stuffed" in the chest area and coughs while she is talking.
One dr said a yr but another hints several months. Should we be preparing for her to leave us soon. She also has some cancer in the cervical area but the dr said we won't worry about that now.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013