Diagnosed with larynges cancer. Difficulty breathing. When will it close breathing pipes?

My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 laryng cancer on August 2nd, 2011. He refused radio/ chemo . Now is September 2012 and his cancer progressed badly. Breathing and eating are difficult for him. He doesn t have pain because he takes Lypo-Sphericâ„¢ Vitamin C , 12 packets every day. However now refused to have breathing and nutrition tubes to be installed in his body. My question is - without tubes for breathing and eating how the death usually occured when tumor will close breating pipes in his throat? Will it be quick? slow? painful? not painful? Thank you for the responce.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012