Diagnosed with folliculitis, prescribed apo doxy, Deriva-C Gel. Skin irritated, itchy, puffy. Is this normal ?

Good day, I was diagnosed with folliculitis and prescribed apo doxy 100 mg along with Deriva-C Gel. There seems to be more fine bumps showing up where the gel was applied my skin is irritated, itchy and seems puffy (slightly swollen) is this normal with this gel? The data sheet in the box stated that 10 - 40% of users experience side effects. Should I discontinue use or refer to my doctor, tomorrow is a public holiday thus I will have to wait a day.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012