Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, HBP, have throbbing and pulsating pain in the lower back radiating to the chest and head, taken cortisone shot. Is it a side effect?

60 year old female. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia and HBP. Rheumatologist talked me into getting cortisone shots in my extremely painful elbows. Shots were very painful and one arm actually became more painful. My concern is that I experienced throbbing and pulsating in my lower back which moves up my back into my chest and head. It varies from being slightly uncomfortable to extremely painful. The sensations themselves are very disconcerting. Feeling OK otherwise. Could this be a side effect to cortisone?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
The throbbing and pulsating pain that you are having could be due to the disease itself. It is not likely to be due to side effects.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,