Diagnosed with curvature of spine. Why do I feel like rib cage sinking in hips?

I am currently 65 years of age, stand 5 7 , weigh about 135lbs, generally in good health. I ve lost approximately 2 in height in the past ten years or so. I was first diagnosed with a 26 degree curvature of the spine in the Spring of 2009. I had an MRI of the lumbar region about a week ago which showed dessicated disk all along the lumbar region. I ve suffered discomfort in the left and right hips for some time. My left hip went numb while bending over for long periods of time installing a new roof on my garage. I often feel as though my rib cage is sinking into my hips. My fear is that this sinking of the rib cage will get worse over time to the point that I will be unable to enjoy and active life. Can you give my some information as to the usual progression of this type of condition? I thank you for your time. Frank
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012