Diagnosed with costochondritis, on pain killers, haven't exercised. What is wrong?

I have been diagnosed with costochondritis and have now had it for over 9 months. I have had an X-ray but nothing was broken and been given pain killers but they don t heal the underlying problem. I ve seen several GPs but no-one really knows what to do. I have been abstaining from doing any exercise for over 2 months as I think it was originally caused through sport. I don t know what else to do as it hasn t gone and has started on my other side now as well. Would ultrasound help and is there anything else I could do???
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013