Diagnosed with colon cancer. Red patch on stomach leaked pus. Fitted catheters. Is it due to cancer?

hi my mother was diagnosed with colon can in november 2011... in january she wasadmitted to hospital because she kept on getting temperatures..they told us there wasnt anything they coulddo because it had spread to the liver .. she had the colostamy bag fitted an the night after she got really poorly she couldnt eat or drink... they never put her on a drip we asked to speak to a specialist and they said she was being handed over for pallative care... she went till the monday and luckily she pulled through and they put her on a drip she built up some strenght and was discharged from hospital... my mother kept on getting temperatures and would start to hallusinate.. a lump formed on her left side and we were made to believe it was the cancer .. this went on for weeks then on a thursday night on the right side of my mothers stomach a red patch formed 2 days later it started to leak pus ... she was admitted to hospital and where it was leaking they removed it via surgery but not the lump that keep forming on her left side so it keeps filling with pus... we are worried that once the whole has healed it wont have anywhere to drain and we will haveto go through all this agian they gave my mom 3 months to live in january but she is a fighter and still here.. she was admitted to hospital again on monday... we were hoping for them to investigate because on a home visit from the doctor gave her an internal a pus leeked out she has had a lot of discomfort for a few weeks after having a cathetar fitted.. we asked the doctors if they could give my mother a scan but they told us no her problems are due to her cancer... she has put weight on since at home and my father has been looking after her.. if it wasnt for the absess i dont think she would be as bad as they think... they want her to go into a hospice but she isnt on her last legs yet.. please can you give me some advice on what we could do please. thanks very much
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012