Diagnosed with chronic gastritis, hiatal hernia. Using nicotine patch to quit smoking. Continue with patch?

I have chronic gastritis and a hiatel hernia . Quitting smoking and had a fantastic 12 days pain free after 2 months of horrible pain. Was diagnosed by endoscopy . I don t think I can quit on my own, but I know I have great success with the nicotine patch . Is this a bad idea?going to cause me pain all over again? Because the cigarettes are Killing my stomach and I m not getting any relief with this 40 mg. prilosec, and 80 mg, just REALLY KILLED ME, can you help! Patch or no patch?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012