Diagnosed with carcinoid tumor, no improvement with chemo since lesions are bigger and spreading rapidly. What is the life span after stopping chemotherapy?

My father in law was diagnosed with carcinoid tumor (bone mestasis) in march of last year the last dr appt he went to almost a week ago the doctor told him the chemo is no longer doing any good and the lesions are much biiger from 3cm to 4 and new lesions have appeared and that it is spreading rapidly and is very aggressive. He does not wish for hospice and I need to know what signs to look for and about how long he has after the chemo stopped working?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012