Diagnosed with bleed on left side of brain, history of aneurism on same spot, not opting for surgery due to age. Possible prognosis?

Hi, my dad (84) has been diagnosed with another bleed on the left side of his brain. He had an annuryism in the same spot 20 years ago and he had surgery to correct the bleed then. He was left paralyzed on the left side. Because of his age we have opted not to have any surgery as he has been through so much in the last 20 years. He has spent 15 yrs in a nursing home. The ER doctor who saw him told us of this second bleed and also that he will die and that all they can do is keep him comfortable. How long do you think my dad will lie like this? The bleed was found on Wednesday of last week. I just do not want him to suffer and he seems to be resting peacefully and even ackowledging us with a nod of his head occassionally. He is holding his own as far as his lungs and heart goes and is passing the fluids that they are giving him now. The only symptom he had to alert us something was wrong was is low oxygen levels and this is why we had him taken to the hospital. Any info you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012