Diagnosed with bilateral renal disease. Left kidney bigger. Both kidneys show echotexture. Renal failure or sickle cell anemia effect?

Hi sir, My mother is an anemic patient with hypertension since last 5 years, she has been diagnosed with bilateral renal disease in ultrasound scanning report of abdomen. Her uterus is Atrophic, right kidney size is 8.1x2.6cms. left kidney measured 8.8x3.2cms. both kidneys show echotexture s/o renal diseas. Kindly guide us, whether it is a chronic renal failure or sickle cell anemia effect. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013