Diagnosed with atrial tachycardia, heart rate seems to be highest while coughing and sitting. Is this expected?

Dear Doctor, I have a cardiology question please my local cardiologist found an atrial tachycardia , and since then I have been wearing basic a heart rate monitor to see what makes it happen and when. Here are some stats Lie down : 57-64 bpm (lowest I saw was 49) sit up ; 64-68 bpm stand up: 89bpm walk 8 steps : 99-106 bpm cough+ sit : goes from 85- 125!!! I Have in the last 2 weeks developed a very irritating dry unproductive cough, I can t have my heart go nuts like this with each cough? I walked 3.5 miles in 1.5 hours ... with heart rate staying between 119-158 the entire time. sharp rise with small inclines in geography Is this to be expected? Thank you Ann
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012