Diagnosed with Narcolepsy, had migraines, was on sleeping pills and topamax, been off them. Is that the cause?

HI, My daughter is diagnosed with Narcolepsy but, I do not think that this is her problem. In late 2008 early 2009 she was diagnosed with migraines and she had trouble sleeping at night. The nerologist at that time put her on a sleeping pill . Insurance changed and new nerologist took her off sleeping pill and put her on Topamax for migraines. Insurance changed on us and again so new nerologist who in 2010 did a sleep study and said because she fell into REM sleep in a minute or less when timed she had narcolepsy and put her on Provigil. My issue is that my daughter has been off of her meds since Sept.2012 due to insurance not wanting to pay. She has no issues staying awake throughout the day during school even in her welding classes and no complaints from her teachers. She is in bed by 930 1000 every night and up at 630 in the morning. She has no other signs or symptoms of narcolepsy. What else could be going on with her?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013