Diagnosed with Metatstatic tonsil cancer. Surgery done. Opted out of chemo and radiation. Symptoms? Visit doctor?

Hello. I was wondering My H> was diagnosed with Metatstatic tonsil cancer that spread to his lymph nodes a year ago this month. He only did surgery.. Surgeon said extracapsular spread in lymph nodes they removed 25. He opted out of chemo and radiation.. Can he live like this? Or will it re-occur if it has not already. What will his symptoms be? He is also a heavy smoker & Drinker. WILL NOT go back to the doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013