Diagnosed with Icthyosis Vulgaris. Black patch around the wrist and fingers. Prescribed with sotret for palmoplantar keratoderma. Cure?

Hello Doctor. I have been diagnosed with Icthyosis Vulgaris. About a month back, a black patch appeared around my wrist and fingers and the skin has thickened. just met a Dermatologist and was told that this is due to palmoplantar keratoderma. I have been prescribed Sotret Gel 0.05% for application twice a day. I am 29 years old, Male. Is it possible for such symptoms to suddenly appear? Also, is there any cure for this in the long term?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012