Diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. Is it a treatable medical condition?

yes, i was dxed with bipolar in 1994 when my brother was murdered, i was working as an emt 3 24 hr shifts a week and going to nursing classes in the 2 alternate days and when my brother died and my brand new husband walked away after 5 weeks of marriage cause i wasnt processing my brothers death in a timely manner i went a little crazy i stopped eating drank tons of flavored coffees(1994) they were just coming out and they dxed me with bipolar well meds NEVERRRRRRR changed me i was weird uptight on them and 2-3 yrs ago i just stopped taking them and iv never been more stable and happy..can bipolar go away or maybe i was just mislabled because the dr thought working 72 hrs and going to school was only for manic ppl when all my fellow workers were doing the same and they wernt bipolar?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012