Diagnosed with BHP, urgency to pee. Is plasma turp surgery the only option ?

I have been diagnosed with BHP and my doctor wants to do Plasma Turp sugery. my symptoms are a strong urge to pee, feel like I can't empty my bladder,hurts after ejaculation, [stings ], . Iam only peeing 8 times a day and ican make it through the night without getting up to pee. will this ever get better? or is surgery the only option? Flowmax helps but don't know if I should continue using it only to prolong surgery . How bad do things need to get to warrant surgery? should Ijust live with this ,[will it get worse?] , or should I consider surgery? Help
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

TURP is a procedure where an instrument is inserted up the urethra to remove the section of the prostate that is blocking the urine flow.

It is considered if there is no response to conservative treatment of BPH such as flomax, avodart.
As with any surgical procedure there are potential risks, these are issues that may or may not occur.

You would have to look at the degree of symptoms that you are experiencing and the impact on your life. If the effects of the BPH even with the use of flomax, are intolerable, then you may want to consider having the procedure done.

I hope this helps