Diagnosed tonsillitis. Having red and swollen mouth, throat and glands, oozing foul smelling pus. Worried? Guidance

Went to hospital yesterday where a doctor told me I had tonsillitis, the left back side of my mouth was red and swollen as were my tonsils, my throat and my glands, all on the left side. A little after I got home, brownish red foamy bad smelling pus stuff starting leaking from somewhere at the back of my mouth. I'm now worried that its not just tonsillitis, please help as this is very painful and distresing, thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013