Diagnosed stage 4 colon cancer, blocked bile duct in liver. No chemo done. Patient condition?

My brother is age 53 and one year ago was told he had stage 4 colon cancer.Things have gone farily well until now.He has a blocked bile duct in his liver which can not be opened.When I try to get a straight answer from the doctor I m told that things are week to week. May I assume the worst or are there things that we should be looking into.Also, he s not received any chemo for three weeks,doctors say his number are not where they need to be.I guess to sum it up I wonder where are we with this?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012