Diagnosed scarlet fever after rashes. Why eyes and nose water? Why is he sneezing?

I m sorry to bother you, but we are to leave for a 3 day family vacation tomorrow and we will be around many other children. My 3 year old son woke up with a raised (sandpaper like) rash on his torso on Thursday. After taking him to the pediatrician he was diagnosed with scarlet fever (but without the fever or any other symptoms for that matter). I was thinking perhaps fifth s disease, but he said it wasn t that type of rash. My son was prescribed amoxicillin and I ve been giving it to him 3 times a day in juice and milk as he will not swallow it as it. Anyhow, last night he started saying his eye was bothering him. His eyes started to water and his nose started to run (clear). He also began sneezing . Last night I was up with him a few times due to a horrible cough . It sounded like the kind you get from drainage, the painful coughs. He is still looking a little worse for wear. I guess my question is, do you think he okay to take out of town and could it be a problem exposing other children?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012