Diagnosed prostatitis. Stricture to be possible cause. Treatment procedure?

I have prostatitis . My urologist has been taking me down a long path trying to figure out what it is the cause. He suspects a stricture and is now suggesting I do a diagnostic procedure which he will fill my bladder and measure flow, etc. I m very anxious about these procedures, stress easily, and he s not terribly empathetic. When I ask what s next, I hear things like in office procedure. Or I have had some good success in office. I feel like the whole thing is trial and error, lacking the precision that I wold otherwise suspect. Is this normal. Do I need to just man up and go thru the process, however long it takes?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013