Diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Feels awful, fever, headache, hungry and tired. Blood work done. What are the risks?

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic and have dramatically changed my diet . But after 2 months still feel awefull. I feel ackey, feverish, mild headackes, hungry and tired. Blood glucose levelas have averaged in the 130 in the mornings and as high as 260 in the evenings. I feel the worst at nights and weekends. What could my problem be. My blood work said my glucose levels were 5.6. Bad cholesteral was 115 overall cholesteral was 190 vitamine D was low. I m taking 50,000 IU of vitamine D.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012