Diagnosed Prostatic hypertrophy with bladder outlet obstruction, taking urimax d and cifran, causing pain in Groin. Is this normal?

good day, i have been diagnosted Prostatic hypertrophy with bladder outlet obstruction i have been taking urimax d and cifran 500 mg since a week now. the sensitivity i used to have at the head of my penis has gone, but i m having continuous pain in my groin .I s this normal.? together with this i m having a burning sensation at this part (groin).i m 47 years iold
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

It is not normal to have this kind of pain in your groin, however you will find that you have some other problem or an exacerbation of the BPH that is making your pain worse. I hope you find a solution to your problem by visiting with a urologist as soon as possible. Take care and use over the counter medications till you find a doctor that can treat you appropriately.

General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil 's  Response
In prostratic Hypeplasia it is common to get discomfort due to urinary obstruction and it may ignite pain. But it may be caused by urinary tract infection predisposed by Bladder Outlet Obstruction. For that you are already taking antibiotics( Cifran 500mg). Continue these drugs according to the advise of your doctor.
It is also a fact that Urimax may rarely cause difficult urination but it is not the case with you.
Take rest and keep yourself clean, drink more fluids and cranberry juice can help you to prevent urinary tract infections.
If problem worsens or persists longer then contact your doctor for proper management.
Hope it helps,
Take Care!