Diabetic, severe burning sensation, skin peeling, swelling after removal of plaster after fimur fracture. Normal?

Hi. My mom had a fracture at the fimur 3 months ago. The local Orthopatic specialist treated it with a plaster from the knee upto the ankle using a steel rod frame out side the plaster for 2 months. One month ago the plaster is cut and removed when the fracture at the fimur is joined properly. Now the problem is after even one month of the removal of the plaster , the portion of the leg covered with plaster ( knee to ankle) (1) has severe burning sensation, (2) the skin of that part is removing part by part, (3) ankle upto toes part is swelling (though no fracture at ankle) (4) leg has become a bit heavier, (5) very slow progress in shaking of the leg. Medical History : her age is 70. She already has Diabetics, Heart Problem, High Blood Pressure , Uric Acid . And is taking medicines for these diseases. My query is : Is it normal and natural for my mother to feel this Burning sensation at the plaster covered area after the removal of the plaster ? Please Help Sir. Pankaj Kalita, India.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013