Diabetic on insulin. Diagnosed with underactive thyroid. Increased thyroxin dosage. Will it help?

Hi just would like to check with you. I am diabetic on insulin and about 3 years ago was diagnosed with underactive thyroid and started taking thyroxin 50mg now have been instructed after blood test that thyroid is not so good and need to increase to 75mg. I am just wondering if there is any particular reason for why it is gone off the rails a bit and if by taking the increased medication will help. I have been feeling a bit more tired recently. Any information would be helpful. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012