Diabetic, on dialysis, seems to be demented, aggressive after intake of syndopa. Side effects?

(History: My father is a diabetic for about 20 years, he got a kidney disease about 4 years ago but he was controlling his createnine levels using diet and exercise. This February they started him on dialysis twice a week.) My father was fine until a week ago, he had total control over his senses, that means he spoke very coherently. He used to have shaking in his hands since about a year. We went to NIMHANs (mental hospital) 2-3 weeks ago where we knew the PRO, for a checkup for his tremors/shaking of his hands and some headaches , and they started him on syndopa. He suddenly felt a severe tremor and shaking in his body early this sunday morning (4 days ago) and we had to admit him to a general hospital. Now he seems demented, aggressive and doesn t seem to be talking sensibly. Is it because of the side effects of syndopa? This sudden onset of hallucinations seems to correlate with his taking syndopa. Even on Saturday, he was absolutely fine, he was talking very sensibly. His condition seems to have worsened now because he started on syndopa and it seems like he will need to continue syndopa forever. Will he get back to at least a state he was 1 week ago?? Please help as I am very anxious!!! Thanks You.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012