Diabetic, insulin dependent, using Lantus and Novorapid. What would be the reaction if a tot accidentally pricks it?

I have a 13 yr old brother in law that is has Insulin Dependant Diabetes and has to inject himself. He is using Lantus and Novorapid at the moment and leaves them lying around very often. I have caught my 16 month old daughter a few times where she finds it and opens it but she has never pricked herself. I want to know what would happen to her if this happens and what our reaction should be. I am afraid for her that it will damage her kidneys or other organs or even make her diabetic or affect her system as a whole. Please help me.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012