Diabetic, hypertensive, dizziness, palpitations, ECG normal, diagnosed with cervival spondylosis. Cause?

I am 64+ male. Diabatic and hypertensive (controlled through medicine). On 28th last month I fealt a bit dizziness and suddenly rising from my sitting position I fealt severe palpitation (almost hearing it). I lied down immediately and it died down after 15 minutes or so. My ECG was quite normal. But today I have been detected cervical spondylosis . can my problem be caused by this? I feel better when I lie down without a pillow. SKG, Kolkata
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012