Diabetic, having recurring urine infection, resurfaces after stopping antibiotics, urine report shows pus cells. Advice?

My age is 78 years weight is around 85-88 kgs and I have been a diabetic long since and my height is 5 4 . I am suffering from urine infection for the last 6-8 months. When I take antibiotics as advised by the doctors, the infection remains in control. But the day I stop taking antibiotics, I feel the burning sensation again. Presently the latest urine report of mine says 40-50 puss cells present in the urine. I am worried as the problem is recurring. Please advise me.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012