Diabetic, having big stomach by injecting insulin. How to reduce it?

Hello, I m 16 years old and have been diabetic since I was 9 years. When I first started, the first maybe four years I would mostly do my shots in my stomach , resulting in my stomaching looking so big people at my high school thought I was pregnant. I went to doctors and they told me it was because of the insulin and to stop doing it in my stomach and the swelling would go down in a year. No such luck, and now I m still stuck with a rather large stomach.. Is there anything that could help?!?!
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012