Diabetic. Can chelation therapy clear up any cholestrol in arteries thereby negating the need for an angiogram?

I am a Type 2 Diabetic and during 7 years of high stress had 2 stress relatied iangina events. I have been told that I need knee replacement surgery but the surgeon does not want to do it until the cardiologist gives the OK. She would like me to have an angiogram prior to the surgery but with odds of 1-200 for a possible storke or heart attack I am unwilling to take that gamble. I am 79 otherwise in very good health - usuallly taken for my late 50s or early 60s. My last blood tests at the Lipic Clinic indicated that my good choslestral had improved and the bad was up marginally. Would chelation therapy clear up any cholestrol in my arteries thereby negating the need for an angiogram?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013