Diabetes under control, have broken arm followed by swollen, shiny legs with red hot patches and tightness, Cellulitis ruled out. Cause?

I broke my arm recently and for the first time I have a condition,that has made my legs swollen,with big red hot patches and my legs are very shiny,also my skin on my legs is very tight and feels like is is ready to crack. My doctor has ruled out Celulitis. I take a 80 miligram of furosemide ,it helps ,but my legs stay the same condition The swelling hurts so much.I am a Type 2 diabetic,but have it under good control.I have an app ointment with someone ,the doctor recommended to look at my legs,but not until Sept 14 th.,so I have to stay this way for more then a month.This upsets me ,that I have to wait so long.I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.My Screen name is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012