Diabetes, spinal stenosis, had prostrate cancer, planning to undergo laminectomy. What is the recovery time?

Hi, My name is Tom and I have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis . I m to undergo a laminectomy this coming week, T12-L1 and L1-L2. I m 55 years old, 5 10 and weigh 260lbs. I feel as if I am in relatively good health although I do have diabetesII and have had prostate cancer . I work in steel a mill, operate a remote control crane and generally on my feet for 12 hours a day. How soon should I be able to return to work?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012