Diabetes, intense itching with open wounds most of the times, on insulin. No relief with moisturizing creams, Allegra. What is the cause?

I am a male. Wt. 250 lbs. 74 inches tall. I am diabetic. On insulin ( Lantus ) daily. Sliding scale Insulin and accu checks QID. Blood sugars run upper 300 s. I can not stop scratching and have open areas most of times. I have tried moisturizing creams, Allegra daily, Dreft detergent, and special soaps. I have been seen by a wound specialist. I have hepatic levels drawn regularly. Is it my kidneys? What labs do I need? What is causing my problem? I need help.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012