Diabetes & Alcohol

I have been recently diagnosed as diabetic. I am a regular social drinker , My frequency is twice a week and every time I drink 4 Large Whisky with soda. I want to know, how this will affect my health?

Asked On : Wed, 24 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Alcohol consumption is harmful if you are known to have diabetes.. Episodes of hypoglycemia (low sugars) are very frequent, if you consume alcohol.. Hypogylcemia can cause dangerous complications. Hence to avoid such potentially serious complications and to prevent atherosclerotic changes which can cause heart disease, you may have to quit alcohol...