Developed recurrent seroma after surgery for torn adductor tendon. Hesitant to get it drained. Suggestions?

Hello Dr. Siegel. In June, I had surgery for a torn abductor tendon . Healed completely without incident. In mid-August, I had a large soft knot come up on the bottom mid-line of the scar . Surgeon aspirated 350 cc s of blood tinged fluid, culture was negative. Subsequent aspirations went on for about 5 weeks, each week, withdrawing about 250-300 cc s of fluid. Had surgical repair of seroma performed in mid-September where a large seroma was disected down to the bone. The wound was closed tightly inside and wore a 4 hemovac drain for 5 days postop draining approximately 100 cc s out every 8 hours. Healed completely without incident until 3 weeks after seroma removal, I have now developed another large seroma in the exact same place. My surgeon suggests I go to a radiologist to place another drain in the seroma. I m a little hesitant about that. Today, it holds about 300 cc s of fluid and is starting to get firm. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time. Lisa
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  103 Awaiting Answer