Developed large circular flat discolourations on back, hip and shoulder blade. Could it be due to allergy?

Hello: I have developed very large circular, flat discolorations on my back that at first, looked like bruises ie: sort of dark red. I have two that are perfectly round and two that are very large and oblong. I went to my primary care and he stated he thought it was exzema and gave me a topical cream, however, they do not itch , not raised, not dry or flaky. Only knew they were there because someone pointed it out to me. Within the last two days, I have developed two more, one on my hip and one on my shoulder blade. Could this simply be an allergy? I do take Simvistatin (40mg) and have been for approximately 1 year. I am 53 years old and have never experienced anything like this. I live in Florida (humid climate) and have been under stress so not sure if these things contribute. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012