Dent on cranium, large in size, no pain. Is it a cause of concern?

I have a dent on my cranium, just above your normal flat spot. I am not sure of it came from an injury (although I am a bit clumsy and have hit my head hard a number of times) but I do know it has been there for a few years. It does not hurt but worries me as to me it seems a little on the large side and have some friends and family concerned. Should I be concerned since its been there for a few years already and causing no problems?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
A mild dent on the cranium with no symptoms is just a normal physiological variation and does not require any treatment. Please do not worry. Such changes are non progressive and do not need attention.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal