Deep wound caused by galvanized iron infected. Swelling and pain. How to reduce swelling and clean infected wound?

I got wound couse by galvanized iron and it is deep wound So my wound is crochet by the doctor. the doctor give to me a medicine to take and a cream but isn t really working,or its s working slowly.after 10 days my foot has swelled up into this big fat red lump, i m close to not being able to move my toes .. but still the doctor removed the crochet on my wound. and he said my wound is infected..and he give me again a medicine to take after a 1 day it still swelling i feel so very is there any way where i can lessen the swelling from my foot quickly,and want to know what are the proper clean the wound infected.and the best treatment .
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012