Deep pain below the scar after gluteal abscess surgery. Is it reoccurring? Whom to consult?

Hello there, I am having a slight confusion and needed some advice on which speciality doctor that I need to visit. Last year around this time, I was admitted into the hospital for a surgery . It was removal left gluteal abscess . It was about a size of a palm. Now it have healed but I ve felt the same pain like a year ago but at a lower location of the Scar of it. Could it have recurred again ? Should I revisit the general surgeon or should I visit a dermatologist . I can feel the pain it s quite deep. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012