Death due to heroin and marijuana. Was lack of response due to enlarged heart?

My son recently died. He was overdosing on heroin combined with marijuana. We intervened (not sure if we were past the window of opportunity) and did CPR . He was given Narcan by paramedics and possibly had a heart shocked but they could never get his heart beat above 20 beats per minute. Coroner said he had an enlarged heart which could have contributed to an arrhythmia . I m wondering if his lack of response had more to do with the window of opportunity or the enlarged heart. When all this happened, I was upstairs...I heard snoring downstairs. I finished my bath and went downstairs (still heard snoring but then he stopped snoring). He was in a frog position, face down on the floor. I m not sure what most contributed tohis death.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012