Death due to eruption of stomach, arms stretched out, blood vomit. Exact cause of demise?

My brother in law, years ago...passed away due to eruption of his stomach . When they found him he was in bed...arms stretched out, one on each side of the bed, with massive blood on floor on both sides of the bed. Eruption of the stomach...would or can that cause him to forcibly vomit blood? I have always had questions about why so much blood on the sides of his bed but everyone continues to say his cause of death was due to eruption of his stomach.....I say not.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012

Welcome to health care Magic.

The cause of your brother in law's death could be gastric perforation secondary to a gastric ulcer or esophageal varices or esophageal tear.

As you have not mentioned anything about his health status or his addictions like has he had jaundice or ulcer problem or he was chronic alcohol.

As far the bleeding due to gastric perforation is concerned, the bleeding is so heavy that the person often vomits large volume of blood.

As you have not mentioned about his previous health status, i can not say whther he died of perforation or not. But as far as your query is concerned ,yes large amount of blood will be vomited in case of perforation.

Hope you got my point.
Take Care