Deaf in one ear after down with virus, bones fused together. Can virus live in filth?

Hi I went to a friends house for dinnr, her kitchen was filthy, she had a filthy tea towel which she dropped onto the floor then continued to use this to wipe plates. A few days later i went down with a virus which has left me deaf in one ear, the hospital said the bones in the ear have fused together, do you think this was all due to my friend having a dirty kitchen and home, can a virus live in that filth. Thankyou
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
it is difficult to say that your friend is liable for your condition but there is a may be virus or bacteria which causes middle ear cavity infection.condition will be improved within few days with proper treatment.