Darkened skin in the back of neck, How could it be overcome ?

I have the problem that the back of my neck is comparatively darkened. What could be the reason. How could it be overcome ? I work on computers most of the time and I am 22 years old. This problem has been since the past 10 years. Can it be solved?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jan 2010
It is mainly due to tanning on exposure to sun's radiations. If you protect your skin with clothing and also using sunscreens shall help you to a large extent.

Yes, exposure to sun and other pollutants are the main cause.

How about your face, is that also dark compared to other body parts.
  Anonymous's Response

You can talk to a skin specialist an dsee if any skin lightening cream can be used.