Dark veins on arm, swollen. Is this bad?

Hi my partner has darkish veins quite visible in his left arm , it is bothering him as he is lifting it up streching it Then lowering it again, he said. It felt swolen slightly or tight,, is this not a good.thing? Is it a early tell tail or am I panicking?? Doesn t want out of hours or hospital that s why I m asking you?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Hi swollen dark veins on the arm can be normal in thin and thick skin faired not worry causing pain and increase in the size go for ct.btand other routine investigations .if threre is inflammation go for antibiotics and anti inflammatory agents