Dark spots on face, sun damage to non-raised moles, using retin a. Suggestion?

I am an asian female, 62 years, with dark spots on my face. Likely from various causes, from sun damage to non-raised moles , etc. For years, I had been using creams for acne treatment . Presently, I am using RetinA , 0.1%. Would love to have a spotless face, or nearabouts. But afraid of disfigurement as even an insect bite results in a darkened area for 2 or more years. Any suggestions? Have been looking into where best, in Vancouver, to go for treatment if that s indicated. So, my question is twofold: What to do, and where/whom best to consult. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012