Dark skin near buttocks, inner thighs compared to the rest of the body. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, My skin is very dark near my butt and inner thighs compared to my rest of the body. I apply moisturizer on my butt. How can i get rid of this dark skin on my butt on my inner thighs? I am male/26 years old. I am going to get married in a year time and therefore you understand my problem. Since i have a year in hand can you suggest any remedy which can at least make it less darker over time.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Dec 2013
It is quite common in males to have darkness or pigmentation around the butt area, so do not worry so much. Do not apply any home remedies as can aggravate the situation. You can apply creams such as Azelaic acid, glycolic acid and kojic acid can be used to reduce the pigmentation under dermatological supervision.